4-cylinder, petrol engine
| 2.0i || Entry model with basic equipments || 6MT |
| Lineartronic |
| 2.0i-L || Upgrade model with features for |
comfort and utility
| 6MT |
| 2.0i-L EyeSight || Lineartronic |
| Lineartronic |
| 2.0i-S |
| Sporty model with high-class equipments || Lineartronic |
| 2.0-liter, DOHC, |
Opposed, Direct Injection Turbocharged, 4-cylinder,
| 2.0XT || High performance model which |
offers both driving performance and environmentalfriendliness featuring the exclusive suspension, exterior and
| Lineartronic |
| 2.0XT |
| Lineartronic |
< Exterior Design >
The all-new Forester was designed with SUV-like powerful eye-catching looks while considering better aerodynamics and functionality.
- Front fascia expresses “Sportiness, Ruggedness, Peace of Mind and Confidence”. The “2.0XT”, direct injection turbo engine model, employs exclusive front design, accentuating its sportiness.
- By extending the bottom end of the A-pillar 200 mm forward than the previous model, an elegant form has been achieved.
- Designs of the front section, door panels and a rear gate express massive and powerful images. The wheel arch and wheel designs project a greater road presence and off-road capability.
< Interior Design >
The interior design suggests spaciousness as well as boldness and provides a powerful look as a SUV, with a quality feel due to its sophisticated shape and soft touch materials.
- The instrument panel is styled to add to the spacious atmosphere.
- Soft touch materials enhance the feeling of quality in the cabin.
Packaging / Utility
The cabin design was carefully considered for greater comfort and utility for all passengers.
- Both roominess and a sense of openness have been achieved by redesigning the cabin , each pillar’s location and floor shape in the rear section. Seating positions were also totally reviewed to provide better visibility to all passengers, compared to the previous model.
- By enlarging the cargo space and rear gate opening, better utility of the cargo space has been achieved.
- A new “clean side sill” design protects passengers from dirt, when getting in and out of a car by keeping the sill clean.
- Wider door openings and lower side sills vastly improve ingress and egress of passengers.
- A multifunction display monitor shows details of the vehicle’s driving conditions to support fuel-efficient and safe driving.
- Sturdy and functional roof rails*3 are optional.
- Hill start assist function has also been adopted. When the vehicle stops on any hill, braking will be kept to maintain vehicle’s position temporarily as the driver takes off the brake. Due to this function, driver can easily start the vehicle on a slope.
- A powerlift tailgate*4 allows automatic opening and closing. The opening height of the tailgate can be adjusted so that the tailgate does not hit a garage ceiling, for example. Obstacles can also be detected during opening and closing.
*3, 4: Manufacturer’s option
- The layout of Subaru Symmetrical AWD system with low center of gravity and superior weight balance has embodied compliant ride quality in various road conditions.
- By combining the new generation Boxer engine with Lineartronic, both high engine output and good fuel efficiency have been achieved.
- Further increased rigidity of body and chassis provides comfortable driving with “Peace of Mind” for every driver.
< Engine >
- 2.0-liter, DOHC, Horizontally-Opposed, 4-cylinder, petrol engine -
- A new generation Boxer engine achieves both fast engine response and high fuel efficiency.
- Improved low to mid speed torque was adopted with a focus on manageability in practical use.
- 2.0-liter, DOHC, Horizontally-Opposed, Direct Injection Turbocharged, 4-cylinder, petrol engine “DIT” -
- Subaru’s own direct injection turbo technology was adopted for the new generation Boxer engine. By injecting fuel directly into cylinders, combustion efficiency was improved, resulting in both high engine output and fuel efficiency.
- By employing the newly developed twin scroll type turbo charger with superior response at low engine speed, high performance with high engine output*5 and torque*6 was achieved. It also has good environmental friendliness.
*5: 206kW (280PS)
*6: 350Nã?»m (35.7kgã?»m) at 2000rpm
< Transmission >
- Lineartronic (CVT) -
- Further advancing the benefits of Chain-driven CVT such as lightness, compactness, superior fuel efficiency and wide ratio coverage, Subaru has adopted a CVT with improved driveability and environmental friendliness by optimizing the parts and layouts.
- The Lineartronic applied for high torque -
- The new Lineartronic was applied for higher torque of the newly developed 2.0-liter Horizontally-Opposed direct injection turbo engine. Some parts such as the torque converter and chains were modified to endure high performance of the direct injection turbo engine.
< Body & chassis >
- In pursuit of a linear response and secure driveability while absorbing any road surface irregularities, the rigidity of key points in chassis & body have been improved. Agile handling, comfortable driving and noise reduction have been achieved while body roll was minimized.
- The chassis was tuned exclusively for the turbo-charged model. Suspension rigidity was reinforced for better stability during high speed driving. Vehicle sway was minimized due to damper tuning and enlarged stabilizer diameter, turbo models offer superior stability when changing lanes and cornering.
< X-MODE *7*8>
- The new AWD control system “X-MODE” has been developed for the driving on uneven or slippery road condition. Engine, Transmission and VDC are controlled cooperatively.
The system simulates various road conditions. By pushing “X-MODE” button, any driver can use the system
easily and make the vehicle stable.
The system also has the hill descent control mode which can maintain the same vehicle speed when driving down a steep hill.*9
*7: Equipped for 2.0i-L / 2.0i-L EyeSight with Lineartronic, 2.0i-S EyeSight and 2.0XT / 2.0XT EyeSight
*8: Operating range is 0 - 40km/h
*9: Operating range is 0 - 20km/h
< SI-DRIVE >
- SI-DRIVE which is effective for both driving pleasure and fuel-efficient driving was adopted. It has “Intelligent mode” and “Sports mode”.*10 Driver can use either of them as the situation demands. The SI-DRIVE switch was equipped on the steering for easy operation.
- The “SI-DRIVE” was finely tuned for the models with DIT engine. It has “Intelligent mode”, “Sports mode” and “S# (Sports sharp) mode”.*11 In case of Sport# (S#) mode, the driver can shift between 8 steps. In addition to the smooth shift change of the CVT, the driver can enjoy sportier driving by selecting the mode with direct feeling like AT or MT vehicles.
*10: Equipped for 2.0i-L / 2.0i-L EyeSight, 2.0i-S EyeSight
*11: Equipped for 2.0XT / 2.0XT EyeSight
- Subaru’s unique driving assist system “EyeSight (version II)” is available for both Turbo and Non-turbo models.
- By using high tensile steel effectively for the body structure, the body has been reduced in weight while attaining high rigidity. Superior crash safety performance has also been achieved.
- Adoption of the new generation Boxer engine and Lineartronic; enhanced aerodynamic performance; and Auto Start Stop system*12 improved fuel efficiency.
- A multifunction display monitor shows the condition of fuel consumption to support fuel-efficient driving.
- The fuel efficiency of the models equipped with the Lineartronic achieved the 2015 Japanese fuel standards.
*12: Equipped for 2.0i-L / 2.0i-L EyeSight, 2.0i-S EyeSight with Lineartronic
| Models || Fuel consumption*13 (JC08 mode) |
| 2.0i || 14.4km per liter |
| 2.0i-L |
| 15.2km per liter |
| 2.0XT |
| 13.2km per liter |
*13: For models with Lineartronic
Media Usage Terms
I agree that all creative assets including but not limited to photos, logos, sketches, images and artwork are for I agree to these terms and conditions
editorial use only. All commercial use of these creative assets, including but not limited to advertising,
marketing and merchandising, is strictly prohibited.